Frequently Asked Questions

What is Flexible Learning?

Flexible Learning courses are online, self-paced, open-enrollment credit courses. The course must be completed within 16 weeks of the enrollment date but with no set weekly deadlines. Flexible Learning courses allow students to work at their own pace.

Flexible Learning courses are offered online through the e-Learning management system called Canvas. The undergraduate courses offered are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.

How do I enroll and view the course syllabus?

See a full list of our courses here. The course table is searchable and sortable and includes a link to the syllabus for each course.

What is required for UF students to be enrolled in the Flexible Learning Program?

For more information regarding enrollment requirements for UF students follow this link,

How do I gain access to my course?

Our office will process your registration and you will receive an email within 24 hours with your log-in information. Please be sure to check both your UF and personal email accounts for communication from our office.

To access your course, click on the following link: On the right side of the page, click the orange button labeled "e-Learning" and enter your GatorLink user name and password, not your email. Your courses should then be displayed on your dashboard.

If you need help with logging in, contact the Help Desk, 352-392-4357.

What about exams?

Online Proctoring

Our courses use Honorlock, an online proctoring service. All required coursework must be submitted prior to taking your exam(s). Flexible Learning courses contain one or more examinations. Courses which have proctored exams, requires a webcam with a microphone. Questions? Contact Honorlock support at (844) 243-2500 or by following this link

Who do I contact if I need special testing accommodations?

The Disability Resource Center (DRC) in the Dean of Students Office provides students and faculty with information and support regarding accommodations for students with disabilities. Disability Resource Center staff serve as full-time advocates for students with disabilities, ensuring students have physical and programmatic access to all college programs.

Official documentation of a disability is required to determine eligibility for appropriate accommodations. For more information, visit the links below:

Flexible Learning students need to forward copies of any testing accommodations to our office after their enrollment is processed and they have registered with the DRC.

    How do final grades work?

    We recommend you complete all your coursework for final grading a minimum of one week before the course expiration date. The final course grade is issued by the instructor. A minimum of 6 weeks is required before a final grade can be issued.

    If a student fails to complete the course before the course expiration date, a failing grade of "E", “E0” or “E1” will be recorded to the UF Registrar. Refer to the course syllabus for specific grading information.

    How do I order a transcript?

    Verify your unofficial transcript to ensure your grade is posted prior to ordering. Some institutions have limits on the number of Distance Learning courses or transfer credits they will accept, so it is student's responsibility to check on the transfer of credit before enrolling.

    There is a fee the registrar will collect prior to sending an official transcript to another institution; visit ONE.UF to  order your UF transcript.

    If the online system cannot be used, contact the UF Registrar for instructions to mail in a request with a check or money order. They can be contacted by phone Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, at 352-392-1374. Persons with hearing impairments can call FRS # 800-955-8771 (TDD).

    Course Cancellations, Drops, and Withdrawals

    Course Cancellation

    Course cancellations must be completed in ONE.UF within 10 days of enrollment. No refunds are granted after 10 days.

    It is the student's responsibility to verify that the cancellation has been received by the Flexible Learning office within the allotted time.

    To cancel a course:

    1. Sign on to ONE.UF , select “Register/View Schedule” in the Courses & Registration section.
    2. Then select the course(s) you wish to cancel and submit.


    Course Drops Within 14 weeks of enrollment date

    To drop a course, you will need to complete your request in ONE.UF within 14 weeks of the date of enrollment. The course grade will appear as "W" on a UF transcript. 

    1. Sign on to ONE.UF, select “Register/View Schedule” in the Courses & Registration section.
    2. Then select the course(s) you wish to drop, include reason and submit.


    *UF Undergraduate Students Only-Once you have done this, you must notify your Academic Advisor that you have submitted a drop request.

    It is the student's responsibility to verify that all drop requests have been received by the Flexible Learning office within the allotted time. The course grade will appear as "W" on a UF transcript.

    After the course expiration date

    Course Withdrawals or Drops (Nonmedical)

    Visit the UF Office of the University Registrar's website for Petition Information and Instructions for withdrawals or drops and retroactive withdrawals or drops. University of Florida policies and procedures must be followed. An approved withdrawal form must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar, PO Box 114000, 222 Criser Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611-4000 or Fax: 352-846-1126 for review and final approval. Students must also notify the UF Flexible Learning office of this request. For more information on UF Withdrawal Policies, view here.

    Medical and Retroactive Medical Course Withdrawals or Drops

    Visit the UF Dean of Students Office website for the Medical Withdrawal Process for policies/ procedures. An approved withdrawal form must be submitted to the Dean of Student's Office for review and final approval. Students must also notify the UF Flexible Learning office of this request. For more information on UF Withdrawal Policies, view here.

    Can I enroll for more than two courses at a time?

    Flexible Learning registration is limited to 2 courses at a time. We implemented this policy so that are students are successful in our courses. No exceptions are made on this policy.

    How do I petition for an extension?

    To petition for an extension, the request must be made prior to the course expiration date, sufficient academic progress must be made by submitting 50% or more of the coursework and have an extenuating circumstance.

    Please submit petition to to be evaluated administratively.

    How do I request a S/U grade?

    Students must request S/U option at the time of course registration. Please contact the flexible learning office at for required paperwork.

    How do I make a tuition payment?

    Tuition payments must be received within 10 days of enrollment, or your course access will be canceled.

    UF undergraduate degree-seeking students, your payment must be received by the due date noted on your ONE.UF account. 

    To make a payment, log into ONE.UF, select “View My Account” under the Campus Finances (Bursar) section, then choose Make a Payment.

    For questions concerning your registration, tuition payment or accessing your activity, please email or call us at 352-294-6300.

    What is the GATORONE Service Fee and who will pay for it?

    The University of Florida is transitioning its outdated ID card system to a modern model.   To support the costs of the transition and to sustain future operations, the Board of Trustees approved a $10 annual fee, in accordance with Florida Statute 1009.24(14)(c) and Board of Governor’s Regulation 7.003. This fee will be assessed as $5 for each fall and spring semester. 

    All students enrolled in for-credit courses will pay the $5 fee at the beginning of every fall and spring semester. This fee will be charged to your ONE.UF account.

    Contact Us!

    We are here to get you on your way to Flexible Learning!
    If we can answer additional questions you may have, feel free to submit your query using our contact form.

    Contact us