Student Complaints & Grievances

Each Flexible Learning course has a process for, and will make every attempt to resolve, student complaints within the academic and administrative department. If you are unsure about who to contact, please email and a member of the Flexible Learning staff will forward your complaint to the appropriate UF administrative authority.

If an issue cannot be resolved at the department level, students have the right to file a complaint with the Office of the Ombuds or the Office of the Associate Provost for Teaching & Technology at

The University is required to provide both current and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting body and the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in a student's resident state. The University of Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS). If you would like to file a complaint with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, download the SACS Complaint Procedures Form. If you have a complaint about a UF Flexible Learning course, contact the appropriate authority in your state of residence. Below is a list of available complaint process information for all states.



The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education does not regulate out-of-state public institutions.

Student Complaint Process

California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education
PO Box 980818
West Sacramento, CA  95798-0818
Complaint Form