UF Flexible Learning courses are available to UF students. Please speak with your advisor to determine if Flexible Learning can be a solution for you.
- You will meet with your advisor to complete Course Approval Form
- Advisors will sign course approval form if the student is below the two (2) course limit and meets at least one (1) of the following criteria:
- The student has a health concern
- There are circumstances preventing the student from physically being on campus and the course is not offered online
- The student requires off-calendar, flexible format solution for an “unusual circumstance.” Such a circumstance would include but are not limited to health, work, or other events, which make resident attendance not possible.
- The student wishes to increase the number of enrolled credits within a given semester for the purposes of expediting time to degree completion
- To maximize financial aid awards where additional enrollment is only made possible by a flexible format
- Other extenuating circumstances
- Registration Process
- Once the form is approved by the Flexible Learning office, the student will register on the Flexible Learning website.
- Verify that you have cleared your account of any holds or balances as this can delay registration.
- Register when you are ready to begin the course, since your time clock of 16 weeks will begin once your registration is processed.